Air Bear®, Ohio’s first and only pediatric-dedicated transport helicopter, has been a great addition to Akron Children’s transport team. Since 2008, Air Bear has transported more than 1,000 patients to our downtown Akron campus.
Here are Air Bear’s top 10 destinations:
1) Akron Children’s Hospital’s Beeghly Campus, Boardman
2) Trumbull Memorial Hospital, Warren
3) Union Hospital, Dover
4) St. Joseph Family Medical Center, Warren
5) Fisher-Titus Medical Center, Norwalk
6) Coshocton County Memorial Hospital
7) Wooster Community Hospital
8) MedCentral Health System, Mansfield
9) Samaritan Hospital, Ashland
10) St. Elizabeth Health Center, Youngstown
Any patient who is more than 30 minutes or 30 miles away from Akron Children’s is considered for helicopter transport.
Do you have a story to share about Air Bear? If so, please tell us.