From acne to water safety – and 64 other topics in between – Akron Children’s Hospital produced an array of health and wellness and special event video podcasts in 2010. In total, our podcasts received more than 107,000 views on our You Tube channel, but of course, some drew more interest than others. The following is a list of our top 10 most viewed videos in 2010.
1. The Choking Game – Learn the signs of the choking game and what you can do if you suspect your child is playing along.
2. Breastfeeding – There are many benefits of breastfeeding for both mom and baby, and this video covers them all, as well as some resources to help smooth the process.
3. Preparing Kids for Imaging Procedures – Learn strategies to help put kids at ease during imaging procedures, as well as some steps you can take to help your kids before they even leave the house.
4. Happy Holidays from Akron Children’s Hospital – A seasonal greeting from Akron Children’s.
5. Meet Zach: Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis – Zach Lindsey and his mom, Sue, share the story of how some timely help from the Akron Children’s Hospital Center for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine saved a lifetime a leg problems.
6. 2010 Fire Truck Day – More than 300 kids of all ages enjoyed the 2010 Fire Truck Day presented by the Summit/Stark Aluminum Cans for Burned Children (ACBC).
7. Pie-a-Provider at the Have a Heart, Do Your Part Radiothon– Three providers from the Akron Children’s Hospital Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology braved a flurry of pies to help raise funds for the 2010 Have a Heart, Do Your Part Radiothon presented by 98.1 WKDD.
8. Meet the Clines: Long QT Syndrome – Elizabeth Cline and her family share the story of how this potentially-deadly, heart rhythm problem has changed all of their lives.
9. Meet Aly: Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome– Aly Reynolds and her mom, Andrea Joliet, share the story behind her hospital stay for this dangerous condition, highlighting the ups and downs they experienced, as well as the team that helped save her life.
10. The 2010 Polar Express– Visions of gingerbread men danced in their heads – and at the North Pole rail stop – for the children aboard the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad’s Polar Express.