We’re only three months into the year, but viewers at the Akron Children’s Hospital YouTube site are already playing favorites. To date, we’ve posted 22 Children’s Channel podcasts in 2011, covering a wide range of topics from brain injuries to bedwetting. Here are the five most viewed:
1. Understanding Mitochondrial Diseases – Bruce H. Cohen, MD, director of pediatric neurology at Akron Children’s Hospital, sheds some light on this mysterious collection of chronic diseases. To date, 618 people have watched this.
2. Vomiting and Diarrhea – These familiar symptoms are among the most common reasons children show up at the ER. So far, this video has had 428 views.
3. Diagnosing and Treating Mitochondrial Diseases – Dr. Cohen returns for a more detailed look at what families can expect when a mitochondrial disease is diagnosed and treated. More than 330 people have watched this video to date.
4. Bedwetting – Jillian Miller, MD, a pediatrician at the Akron Children’s Hospital Pediatrics Hudson office, discusses the causes of bedwetting and what you can do to help your child stay dry through the night. So far, 312 people have watched this.
5. Preventing Birth Defects – Genetic counselor Connie Motter talks about the types and occurrence of birth defects, as well as the steps moms-to-be can take to help prevent this leading cause of infant deaths. To date, 279 people have watched this.
Check out our 10 most viewed videos of 2010.