Dr. Chand was the hospitalist we saw the most when our daughter, Paige, was hospitalized with lead poisoning. She was only 3 years old and newly diagnosed with autism. The lead poisoning scared us and it broke our hearts to see her connected to all the tubes and wires when in the hospital.
I was going through nursing school at the time and couldn’t be there as often as I liked, but my husband was able to stay with her. He told me how Dr. Chand took the extra time to chat with him and how he took a genuine interest in her care.
Never have we met such a caring and compassionate physician. He answered all our questions, finding the answers, if he didn’t know them offhand, and he addressed all of our concerns with the same attention. We were very grateful to have him as part of our daughter’s healthcare team at Akron Children’s Hospital.