For the next three days, 98.1 WKDD will be broadcasting live from Akron Children’s Hospital’s atrium lobby to raise money for patient care, education and research programs.
Last night at the Change Bandit Bash, $66,975.12 in donations was turned in by the Change Bandits, who have been “looting” their family, friends and neighbors of spare change to support the hospital.
At the event, the following Change Bandits were recognized for raising the most money in their respective categories:
- Individual: Dominic Wright, $9,360.89
- School/Organization: Sauder Elementary School , $2,423
- Small Business (Less than 100 employees): Johnny Malloy’s, $2,000
- Large Business (100 or more employees): CSE Federal Credit Union, $7,034.76
- Akron Children’s Hospital Department: NeuroDevelopmental Science Center, $1,564.62
Be sure to tune into the “Have a Heart, Do Your Part” radiothon now until Saturday at 6 p.m. To donate, call 330-543-0981 or 1-866-543-0981.