Ever wonder what a day is like inside Akron Children’s Beeghly campus?
Last Wednesday, 15 community leaders got the chance to experience it firsthand during the annual Children’s Up-Close event.
Modeled after a similar program designed by the American Medical Association, individuals from a range of backgrounds and professions spent the day at our Beeghly campus to learn more about pediatric healthcare in the Mahoning Valley, as well as the rewards and challenges of working in a pediatric hospital.
Community participants included:
- Vince Brancaccio, CEO, Help Hotline Crisis Center
- Robbie Collier, District Manager, Youngstown/Warren, Speedway
- Sallie Dutton, Retired School Guidance Counselor
- Leonard Fisher, CEO, Handel’s Ice Cream
- Amy Gasser, Biology/Science Teacher, Hubbard Schools
- Jennifer Johnson, Area Manager, Struthers Division, Aqua Ohio
- Steve Kristan, Director of External Affairs, AT&T
- Frank Lazzeri, Boardman Schools Superintendent
- Carole Lewis, Lewis Construction
- Judy Masaki, Children’s Rehabilitation Center of Warren
- Tim Nelson, President & CEO, Easter Seals & Youngstown Hearing and Speech
- Rick Sams, Region Manager, Northeast Ohio, Speedway
- Ted Schmidt, Regional President, PNC Financial Services Group
- Patt Sweeney, Health Commissioner, Mahoning County Board of Health
- Marilyn Wurst, Human Resource Director, Greenwood Chevrolet