This recipe from parents.com is faster than fast food, healthful and delicious.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 bag (10 oz.) coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup moo shu stir-fry sauce (such as Iron Chef or China Bowl)
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 cups Asian salad blend, (such as Earthbound Farms Zen Blend)
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped (see note below).
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add coleslaw mix and carrot; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until partially wilted. Stir in 1/2 cup of the sauce and bring to a simmer. Stir in chicken.
To serve, place greens on a large serving platter. Spoon chicken mixture over greens and sprinkle with scallions and peanuts. Serve remaining 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce on the side for drizzling over salad.
NOTE: If peanut allergies are an issue, soy nuts are an excellent substitute.