Akron Children’s Hospital is looking for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) patient photos to adorn the branches of its Cap and Bootie themed tree at this year’s Holiday Tree Festival.
Since 1982, the Cap and Bootie tree has become a staple at the annual festival. While the faces change from year to year, the tree is always decorated with framed photos of Akron Children’s NICU babies and children, as well as caps and booties.
“Visitors are always amazed and delighted to see this tree,” said Vicki Parisi, the director of volunteer and visitor services for Akron Children’s Hospital. “They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so this tree truly speaks volumes thanks to the patients who make it sparkle.”
- Photo cannot be returned and cannot be used unless a permission slip is on file.
- Photo should be no larger than 4” x 6”
- Include the child’s full name on the back (The name will not be visible to the public once it is in the picture frame ornament.)
- Include the child’s birth date and the date the photo was taken
- Photo of the child as a NICU patient and as he/she looks today are great and often used on the sides of one of the ornaments
Photos must be received by Nov. 3, 2017.
Please send photo and permission slip to:
Cap and Bootie Tree Chairman
c/o Volunteer Services
Akron Children’s Hospital
One Perkins Square
Akron, OH 44308
Visit the annual Holiday Tree Festival at the John S. Knight Center in Akron from Nov. 18-26, 2017. The festival is free and open to the public.