3. Sammy and his owner, Barbara McKelvey, hung up the leash after 10 years on the Doggie Brigade, sponsored by Milk Bone.
4. For the second year, several of our patients participated in the “Adapt-A-Car Workshop” with Inclusioneers!
5. Volunteer Mark Geschke started the Jody Smith Salon in the hospital’s Reinberger Family Center. The salon offers free services to families.
6. Even though Meagan Gries’ daughter Molly Ann died at 2 months old, she still shops for toys on her birthday. Meagan donates the toys to Akron Children’s Hospital in Molly Ann’s memory and to promote awareness of safe sleep environments for infants.
8. We continue to be proud and inspired by our CEO Emeritus Bill Considine. He was presented with the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals’ Founders Award!
10. Infants to teens were treated to a special time with Cleveland Browns player Chris Smith (#50), Cleveland Cavaliers Moondog and our very own Doggie Brigade at the annual World Kidney Day celebration.