On Thursday, May 2, current and past members of our Medical Staff gathered at Portage Country Club to honor recent retirees, as well as those who will be retiring later this year.
Past Medical Staff President Dr. P. Cooper White started this annual event, which is now in its third year, to recognize the contributions of our Medical Staff.
“The Medical Staff retirement celebration is a special night to honor and thank our retirees for their years of service at Akron Children’s Hospital, and their commitment to the patients and families of our community,” said Dr. Laura Pollauf, Medical Staff president.
2019 honorees not pictured
- Diana Mulder, CNP, will retire from the Mahoning Valley NICU in June.
- Dr. Donna Patton will retire from Hematology-Oncology in July.
- Dr. Joanne Warmus will retire from Akron Children’s Hospital Pediatrics later this year.
Past retirees who were recognized at the dinner
Past retirees who were recognized at the dinner but not shown
- Maryann May retired from the Akron City Health Department in June 2018.
- Jeffrey Kempf retired from Emergency Medicine in April 2018, but continues to serve as director of Global Health.