1. During Nurses’ Week, a video saluted our 2,000+ nurses who pour their hearts and souls into caring for others.
2. James and Claire overcame long odds after being born 23-weeks premature, each weighing 1 pound, 7 ounces. Now, they are 3 and medical equipment free!
3. 18 babies were carefully moved from the Akron Children’s Hospital NICU at Summa’s Akron City Hospital to unit in their new Patient Tower.
5. A recent Medical Staff retirement celebration brought together the best of the best: Dr. Dimitri Agamanolis; Dr. John Astrino; Dr. Richard Ball; Dr. John Bober; Charlene Maxen, CNP; Diana Mulder, CNP; Lynda Nossaman, CNP; Dr. Donna Patton; Dr. Joanne Warmus and Dr. Robert Sobieski.
6. The family of this aspiring Eagle Scout had a lot to be thankful for after 14-year-old Ethan Rutherford suffered cardiac arrest at home during a snowstorm but made it to Akron Children’s in time to receive the care he needed.
8. Cayleigh Andes, 7, was diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease called sarcoidosis that is usually found in African American adults.
9. The emergency birth of Zakhi caught Jenessa Foreman by surprise this past Mother’s Day, but they bonded during their time together in our NICU.
10. Due of the generosity of The University of Akron College of Engineering’s biomedical design team, Nathan has a new custom adapted truck as he leaves his leukemia treatments in his dust.