1. It was an epic battle with Mother Nature, but the Superhero Window Washers made their triumphant return to this morning. These proud grime fighters delighted children with high fives, hugs, selfies and plenty of treats to go around.
2. Akron Children’s Hospital has been ranked in 6 specialties on the U.S. News & World Report’s annual ranking of the best children’s hospital in the United States!
3. It was independence day for Tyler Cool after a 291-day hospitalization! But, rather than going home to his parents and brothers, he’s beginning a new, more independent life.
5. After a serious car accident nearly 2 years ago, Tzakary didn’t get to do many of the things he would have wanted to do his senior year. But, with all the positivity surrounding and lifting him, Tzak still ended high school on a very high note: as Carrollton High School’s prom king!
6. Help us congratulate Pediatric Interventional Radiologist Dr. Janice McDaniel! She gave the oath to support and defend the U.S. Constitution and became a major in the U.S. Army Medical Corps.
8. An Akron Children’s Hospital initiative has led to a steady decline in the number of unplanned extubations over the past 3 years.
9. We first introduced you to “Piano Man” James Wilson in 2015 as he was being treated for a rare bone cancer. On National Cancer Survivors Day, the 18 year old said beating cancer had changed his outlook on life.