1. 76 of our physicians across 29 medical specialties were named to the “Best Doctors in America” list by Best Doctors Inc.
2. For Kenmore-resident Angela Terry, the new Akron Children’s Anywhere app offered easy solutions when her son Kurtis wasn’t feeling well.
3. Dr. Ananth Murthy is spearheading a groundbreaking study with Akron Children’s staff scientist Dr. Qing Yu in our Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute to see if they can grow ear tissue to replace missing ears on children.
5. Dairy Queen held its annual Miracle Treat promotion, with $1 or more from every Blizzard sold locally going to Akron Children’s Hospital.
6. We gave a shout out to the emergency department staff on our Beeghly campus in Boardman for receiving the ENA (Emergency Nurses Association) Lantern Award for 2019!
8. Two-year old Jessa Davis of Canton has seen specialists in 10 disciplines, and they have helped her grow so big and strong that she could finally ditch her walker.