3. Maverick is currently in the middle of a lengthy stay in our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) after recent heart surgery.
4. Carlla Detwiler and Patricia Lopp were two complete strangers brought together by an unimaginable adversity: Each carried a baby who had no working kidneys.
5. To commemorate National Police Week, we saluted our fallen brothers and sisters for their service in uniform to our communities with respect, dignity, compassion and honor. Unfortunately, in 2019, 146 US families felt the loss, including 3 families from the State of Ohio.
7. Our audiology department is masking in a way that keeps communication open with patients while still keeping everyone safe. The windowed masks allow those with hearing impairments to lip read while with providers.
8. Children and teens experiencing a mental health crisis have a new friend in our B.R.A.V.E. officers. They use violence de-escalation tactics to keep patients and staff safe in a secure environment.
9. At only 4 months old, Max Stevens was diagnosed with infantile scoliosis, but instead of surgery, Max was able to be treated with a procedure called Mehta casting.