4. Patients and staff were excited to see some familiar furry faces (and one special pony) during our socially-distanced therapy animal visits.
5. The Plain Dealer and cleveland.com selected Akron Children’s as one of the Top Workplaces in Northeast Ohio for 2020!
7. Despite common apprehension to go to a hospital during the rise of the COVID-19 pandemic, Jack Johnson’s mom, Cara, knew Akron Children’s has always made patient safety the top priority.
8. 19-year-old Florence Montecalvo reached out to the Center for Gender Affirming Medicine at Akron Children’s Hospital after accepting her gender identity during treatment for bone cancer.
9. For kids with complex medical conditions like Josie Greco, medical appointments couldn’t stop because there’s a pandemic. From her days in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) to her current care – nephrology, orthopedics and more – Josie and her family choose Akron Children’s.