3. For a child with hearing loss, I world full of masks can present challenges … but it doesn’t have to be that way.
4. There was a BIG congrats to 5-year-old Lexi and her family for finishing active treatment for B-Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
5. MichaelAngello was making great strides with his speech and occupational therapy until the pandemic hit. But he returned to the hospital this past month, ready to work harder than ever.
7. When COVID-19 came to Ohio, our clinical staff jumped into action to prepare to support area hospitals caring for adults.
8. 13-year-old Cole Phillips, of Sebring, is known for his love of the outdoors. But, an overnight campout at a friend’s house turned sour when a go-cart crash landed him at the hospital with a list of injuries.
9. Cameron Ware, 9, eagerly awaited the arrival by mail of “GameStop” gift cards he had earned through his participation in our nationally-recognized Comprehensive Behavioral Interventions for Tics (CBIT) program. This made Cameron wonder, how does the mail work at Akron Children’s?