3. The Urgent Care was closed when Cash Sklare and his mom showed up at our Boston Heights Health Center, but the orthopedics center was able to help out, providing x-rays and casting in an hour.
4. Zaden Nenichka and his family are partnering with Akron Children’s to stress the importance of wearing bike helmets after Zayden was struck by a motorcycle while riding his bike.
5. Regular blood draws had become a scary experience for Jeremiah Skaggs-Bradley until his new home care nurse used a method that eased his fears while limiting potential exposure to COVID-19.
7. Ruby Rine (right) began showing signs of juvenile arthritis around 2 years old. The toddler’s movements were slow and showed signs of struggle.
8. Akron Children’s psychiatrist Dr. Laura Markley offered families ways to help manage your child’s anxiety and get their year off on a great start.
9. Sarah Groves, a mental health therapist at Akron Children’s Hospital, offered organization tips to help parents and kids during an ever-changing school year.