3. Welcome, Tucker and Chase! Akron Children’s added some 4-legged members to the Akron Children’s family during a special ceremony this week. Chief Klue administered the oath of office to both K9s after completing their therapy dog certification.
4. As we continued to vaccinate our employees, many were excited to share why they chose to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
5. The annual Children’s Tree of Lights celebration went virtual due to the pandemic, captured in this video featuring many highlights from the event.
6. It was the first time in more than 100 years that we didn’t get to see OSU play Michigan, so we shared a pre-COVID gathering of staff from 2019 showing their support for their favorite team.
8. Operations Santa’s Sleigh lit up Akron Children’s before Christmas as dozens of local law enforcement vehicles paraded around the hospital.
9. We were so thankful for the many who accessed our Amazon patient wish list to help keep the holiday spirit alive for those we serve.